Though one of the most rewarding, kitchen remodeling can also be among the most expensive ventures any homeowner can undertake. The cost factor alone can be enough to discourage many. But the good news is that there are effective ways to cutback on the budget without cutting corners. So if you plan on sprucing up your New York home through kitchen remodeling, here are practical ideas whether you are in Brooklyn, Manhattan, Long Island, Queens or Staten Island.
Do It Yourself
One of the things that greatly adds up to the bulky overall cost of kitchen remodeling is labor fees. The greatest dilemma of homeowners when it comes to home improvement is whether or not to do the renovation themselves. The key to ‘successfully’ save big on contractor costs is knowing which areas you can handle efficiently and which are best handed over to qualified contractors. It is important that jobs such as plumbing, electricity and other such difficult and dangerous tasks be done by professionals.
The advantage of DIY kitchen remodeling today is that the market now offers a variety of products and tools that are especially designed and manufactured for DIYers. Resources about various projects also abound in the Internet so getting information and instructions to help you out is not very difficult.
RTA cabinets have long since proven to be just hype and is today’s hottest kitchen remodeling items in the market. Technology and design has made ready-to-assemble cabinets better and better. Now, they are considered not only cheap alternatives but economical products that offer great value to your kitchen remodeling bucks. And here are several reasons why:
- Low initial cost – costing just a fraction of traditional cabinets.
- Great savings – ready-to-assemble, you would not need to hire additional help thus cutting back on labor costs.
- Easy to assemble – needing neither special skills nor tools, you can build RTA cabinets with only the entire package and a screw driver.
- Availability – No matter what your personal taste as well as current kitchen design and layout are, you can find a wide variety of options to choose from including different finishes, materials,
- Cheap and fast shipping – flat-packaged, RTA cabinets occupy less space and thus storage and transportation is not only cheaper but also easier and faster. Some online suppliers even offer free or discounted shipping so shop around.
Plan in Advance
An old yet proven adage- Fail to plan and plan to fail, applies not only to kitchen remodeling but all home improvement projects as well no matter how big or small. Especially with renovating the heart of homes, more areas is involved thus planning ahead is crucial for the successful, smooth-sailing and time-efficient completion of the project. By planning in advance, homeowners will avoid one of the most dreaded situations faced by many and that is a busted budget. Aside from prevention and risk management, your kitchen remodeling plan will allow you to implement money saving methods such as:
– buying materials in bulk,
– shopping discounted items on store sales,
– considering which tasks to DIY and when to hire contractors,
And when to schedule the kitchen remodeling project.